General questions
Hi, im reading docs about setting AD DC for windows server - i want to clear out whats the difference between using a real registered domain name like 3trglobal.com for my Domain controller or using my local domain that i just made up, mostly on the tutorials i see on there sample they used local domain like 3trglobal.loca ot etc. Can anyone explain further about this..
May 29th, 2009 3:13am

Hi, For most purposes your domain is not contactable by the outside world, it does not need to be resolvable at all by a proper domain. The local domain (one you can make up) is almost always used and almost always is businessname.local. An AD domain does not coincide in any way with your external DNS domain. Regards, TerryTerry http://www.sucked-in.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2009 3:17am

This is really great info you have i been puzzled by this idea for a period of time. thanks so much. And also i have 30 PC client on my network is this a fine number to setup for an AD DC server, can i do it on a virtual server..possible? or you can suggest ideas willing to accept it.
May 29th, 2009 3:27am

If you have 30 client machines you really should have a domain. I would not recommend installing your first/only DC on a virtual machine. It is fine for a second DC in an existing domain.Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2009 3:36am

ok ill take that advice thank you so much for the idea, ill just keep posted if got question and problem again. Ruben
May 29th, 2009 3:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics