GP Deployed Printers Keep Asking fo Drivers

Hello,

My domain in Windows 2008 and for a couple of years now, I have been deploying printers through GP.  I have printers that are on a print server and are deployed to computer labs.  Standard users are constantly asked to update the drivers and cannot print until they are updated.  I have to sign on as a local Admin to update the drivers.  But the users still get prompted.  I log back in and I see the same thing.  I have to update the drivers again.  I just did this to an entire lab last week and yesterday and today I had people that could not print.  I deleted their profile and now they dont even have the printer listed.  Why is it that they are always asking for drivers?  The print server has both 32-Bit and 64-Bit drivers installed.  The workstations are Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit.  One printer server is Windows Server 2003 and the other is 2008 R2.

December 19th, 2014 9:29am

Seems like there is not correctly installed print server and drivers are missing on it.

Read on this topic on page 818-826 in book written by Jeremy Moskowitz: Group policy.... (2010). However read chapter 5 on Group Policy Preferences before final configuration.

HTH

Milos

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2014 11:47am

Hello,

The drivers are correctly installed because I have this happening in only certain areas and I have many of the same printers using the same driver.  Other printers in other locations do not have this issue.

December 19th, 2014 12:19pm

You can attempt to track down why one of the files is getting out of sync between the clients and the print server. It might just be easier to change the Point and Print Restrictions Policy so the clients can download the driver without any interaction since one of the servers is 2003.  If that was not there, just switch to Package aware print drivers and you are done.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/d7da54f3-b9a9-45f0-a5bf-c83617350fd9/users-acces-to-install-printers?forum=winserverprint

You may also be impacted by missing dependent files.  There have been a couple patches for the issue previously.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/2944885e-618d-4a63-aba3-deb5d0552f98/print-drivers-on-windows-7-clients-missing-dependent-files?forum=winserverprint

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2014 2:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics