GPP trying to apply on a Microsoft Account causing extremely long login

Environment: Windows 8.1 Enterprise with DirectAccess, AD 2012R2
Computer used with two accounts, a domain account (for business), and Microsoft account (personal use)

Occasionally, maybe once out of 10 or 15,when I open my Microsoft account, it tries to apply GPP defined in the domain (group policy shortcuts, group policy environment, drive maps etc), which causes an endless opening session, as if it was waiting for a timeout foreach GPP before move to the next.

Usually I end up getting tired, I turn off my PC violently, and I restarts by switching off the wifi (and therefore DirectAccess) to be sure it will not retry the same

I don't understand why a local MS account is trying to apply domain GPP.

June 23rd, 2015 6:54pm

Hello Benoit,

May I know if you connected the microsoft account with your domain account?

Do you have any local account (not the microsoft account), if so would you please try with the local account and then have a check?

Basiclly, with the microsoft account, you can log in to any Windows 8.1 computer or device that's connected to the Internet and your settings will be migrated automatically and synced between them.

You can check below articles for more reference about the microsoft account and the local account.

http://www.7tutorials.com/introducing-windows-8-should-you-use-local-account-or-microsoft-account

Best Regards,

Elaine

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 2:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics