Future of Offline Files and Folder Redirection

The question is, will OneDrive solutions supersede (make useless) the Offline Files solution?

I have a case, where Folder Redirection and Offline Files implementation creates some serious performance issues of a client side (Win7), and I aknowledged the wrong configuration at the start. Same time the Windows 10 is comming, we need to decide whenever we try to fix things in old enviroment, or wait for Windows 10 and new storage solution.

Im just curious of the future developement, should I get my hands dirty with Offline Files or not :) 

• Edited by yannara Sunday, June 28, 2015 12:43 PM
June 28th, 2015 12:43pm

Here's one interpretation.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/heres-whats-really-happening-onedrive-windows-10

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2015 1:19pm

Hi,

Personally I think Onedrive is very useful and it helps me a lot in syncing files between my computers.

OneDrive of course can take place of some situations which originally covered by Offline Files. However sometimes we may have to use Offline Files. For example some companies do not allow users to upload files onto an outside server (or cloud) for security reason. 

June 29th, 2015 6:32am

For example some companies do not allow users to upload files onto an outside server (or cloud) for security reason. 

Yes, I agree. This is the only idea I came up, why Offline Folders are still important. I wonder, is there any reasons for still stuck on Offline Folder technology?

Ive been watching OneDrive videos from Channel 9, MS is releasing new sync Client at Q4/2015. But I wonder, will there be OneDrive on-premise? 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2015 2:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics