Freeze Count and Freeze Level

From the description of Freeze level, I can begin to understand it's purpose and use.  What I don't have is any data for any user.  Has this been implemented in the latest hotfix?  How does the data get populated?  I believe this data could be useful in our environment, but only if I have some. 

Also, if anyone has begun using this data, how did you set it up and how are you using it?

January 10th, 2012 3:30pm

No one at Microsoft in the product department knows what this is for?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 11th, 2012 6:19pm

There are several attributes for people resources that come with FIM out-the-box. Some of them are tied to specific product functionality and others are just there as a convenience. There will usually be other attributes you want to add, and almost always several that you don't use. There are even 'duplicates' like "sn" and "LastName" depending if you like the LDAP-style names or more obvious names.

From what I've seen the 'Freeze Level' attribute is one of those convenience items and doesn't seem to be tied to a FIM feature.

Anyone know otherwise?

January 11th, 2012 7:40pm

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:40:06 +0000, Frank  Drewes wrote:

From what I've seen the 'Freeze Level' attribute is one of those convenience items and doesn't seem to be tied to a FIM feature.

Anyone know otherwise?

It has something to do with passwords and I know I've had this conversation
in the past, but I can't recall where that was. :-)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee380071(v=prot.10

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 11th, 2012 7:50pm

According to the Schema (and I think the attribute description is placed on the wrong attribute) Freeze Count (an INT) "Tracks the number of times the user has unsuccessfully attempted to run an AuthN WF".  Freeze Level (a STRING) would describe the amount of functionality that has been disabled due to those unsuccessful attemtps.
April 16th, 2015 10:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics