Forgotten Admin password...recovery, but with Bitlocker?
I've read and read about password recovery but none seem to match my situation. Customer changed the admin PW, can't remember it. Server is 2008 R2 w/ Bitlocker(using TPM), and a RAID1 array. This is the PDC also. I could use a boot disk, but Bitlocker is an issue, could de-crypt the drive, but need admin access. User remembers kind of what they changed it to but no luck in trying, plus its a long PW policy so its over 14 characters. I do know the domain controller recovery PW. I can login to the server with various user accounts, but no admin accounts. Beyond pulling all the data off and re-setting up the server, is there any chance here to reset it the domain admin PW?
December 18th, 2010 3:57pm

You have lost the windows server domain password . It seems more difficult to reset it. But you need a program, i think. I found this great article for you, it is 100% recovery rate. http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/reset-windows-server-2008-domain-admin-password.htmWindows Password Reset solution
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2010 9:07pm

Hi, Based on your situation, if you have no other administrator account, there is no Microsoft Recommended Way to reset or retrieve the administrative passwords. This is designed for improving the security. Thanks for your understanding. For more information, please take a look at the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189126/en-us Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 20th, 2010 1:47am

No problem! We can recover most Windows admin and other user passwords. Just download our windows password Recovery Tool 3.0 to recover your lost Windows passwords. How does it work? You can download it from http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/ Just use the box below to download the utility. This is a ".exe" file which will burn itself onto a blank CD. Then pop the CD into your locked PC, and boot from the CD. If you have an Internet connection on your locked PC then it will automatically upload the encrypted password to our server for decryption. Once decrypted, we will send you an email advising you where to log in to view your Windows password. If you don't have an Internet connection to your locked PC, you can extract the encrypted password to a USB stick and upload manually to our website for decryption. It supports usb flash drive too.My blog: Windows Password Recovery
December 21st, 2010 2:16am

I think you need Windows Password Key. It has solved 100000 users of that problem in one year.Hope it can help you. Lost Windows Password Solution
December 24th, 2010 2:55am

You may try to find admin password . It seems a big problem. Good luck.Find Lost Password
December 30th, 2010 11:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics