Forgot password for Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2
I forgot the administrator password for windows server 2008 service pack 2. I am not able to get into the system at all. I would like to get a password that will allow me to log on as the administrator and then change the pass word in the system. Anything that I would need to download would have to be downloaded from a different pc because, unless you can explain how to do it on the server, in my estimation the server is not usable at this time. I do not have a password recovery disk. Thanks.
March 18th, 2010 5:56pm

1) Official answer = Rebuild the server2) My answer - Search for the Nordahl boot disk. Works wonderfully. Just search the forum, as there has been several responses on this topic the last monthBrian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 18th, 2010 8:43pm

Forgot or lost Administrator Password? Have been locked out of computer? Would you like to choose to reinstall the OS or reset admin password ? There are some comment Windows password recovery solutions for you to bypass Windows password without data loss or reinstalling! Windows Password Unlocker can recover Windows admin password for Windows 7/XP/Vista/NT/2000/2003/2008.... 1.Download Windows Password Unlocker from Password Unlocker Official site 2.Decompress the Windows password unlocker and note that there is an .ISO image file. Burn the image file onto an blank CD with the burner freely supported by Password Unlocker. 3.Insert the newly created CD into the locked computer and re-boot it from the CD drive. 4.After launched the CD, a window pop up with all your account names(if you have several accounts) select one of the accounts that you have forgotten its password to reset it. Just one press, you have removed the password.
March 19th, 2010 8:47am

Here is a Third Party Tool : There is another solutions also available like Password Changer . There is a support for Windows 2008. Active Password Changer is designed for resetting local administrator and user passwords on Windows XP / VISTA / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 & Windows 7 systems in case an Administrator's password is forgotten or lost. You do not need to re-install and re-configure the operating system. Forgotten password recovery software has a simple user interface, supports multiple hard disk drives, detects several SAM databases (if multiple OS were installed on one volume) and provides the opportunity to pick the right SAM before starting the password recovery process. It displays a list of all local users. The software user simply chooses the local user from the list to reset the password. Other Windows login security restrictions like 'Account is disabled', 'Password never expires', 'Disable Force Smart Card Login', 'Account is locked out', 'User Must Change Password at Next Logon' and 'Logon Hours' can be changed or reset. http://www.password-changer.com/techquest-how-install.htm
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 19th, 2010 9:35am

For Windows Server 2008, I've tried many ways to solve my Server domain password problem before. Finally, I chose the Windows Password Recovery Corporation to help me. Step1. Download and install in any available computer. Step2. Create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. (A blank CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive is needed) Step3. BIOS set. Boot computer from the created CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive and set BIOS setup. Step4. Reset Windows server 2008 or 2008R2 password to Re123456.Forgot Windows Password! How to Recover Lost Windows Password easily?
May 27th, 2011 3:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics