Fonts are horrible and blurry in system center service manager 2012

Is there a reason the fonts in this are particularly HORRIBLE? Fonts on the rest of my system look great.

June 24th, 2013 6:53pm

Highly unlikely this is an issue with the product itself.

Consider playing around with your DPI settings as this may be the cause of your problem.

The DPI setting can be found in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display

If the issue persists, consider delving deeper into more advanced DPI configurations and even DWM scaling for fuzziness:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464660(VS.85).aspx#declaring_dpi_awareness

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2013 7:01pm

It's not a DPI problem. The rest of my system looks perfect. This is the only application that looks this way.
July 4th, 2013 10:21am

Aaron,

On the system try the following:

net stop FontCache3.0.0.0

Navigate to c:\windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local

Delete all the files in the folder referencing the Font Cache and then run

net start FontCache3.0.0.0

This is the WPF Font Cache that applications that use WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) .. Service Manager being one of them.. I have seen the Font Cache be corrupted and cause bad fonts I have also see it affect performance greatly.

edit: Of course close any applications prior to doing this, especially Service Manager

July 5th, 2013 6:13pm

After some digging around on the internet it seems that the problem IS with WPF, but not on the desktop. It's in the application, as suspected. Tons of complaints about how WPF on .net 3.x acts... Something like that. Shame on you microsoft!
July 9th, 2013 12:08pm

I mean, someone honestly needs to be ashamed of how bad this looks. 

July 11th, 2013 2:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics