Folders not visible on the server
I have a share folder called root on the server which can only be mapped to. When I am on the server and go to my computer and clisk on the d drive i am not able to see the folders
May 11th, 2011 8:24am

Hi Rimwarrier, was the folder hidden ? Have u tried to unhide all files ? click on tools > folder options> unhide files were hidden :) alternative to verified if the folder is still there. Possible to try using cmd to navigate down to d:\ > dir enter.Guowen Su | CCNA, CCIP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CEH | http://www.microsoft.com/en/sg/default.aspx Our Goal? VERY SATISFIED Customers. If you're not...let's talk!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 11th, 2011 9:33am

try type \\localhost in windows explorer. you should able to see all the shared folder :)
May 11th, 2011 10:25am

Hello, Please run "Net share" in command line. You will see all the shared out folder on the server.Thanks and Regards Scorpio_Milo MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician MCITP: Server & Enterprise Administrator Microsoft Infrastructure Consultant Enterprise Service: Solution Architect Microsoft Storage Team - File Cabinet Blog My Blog Contact me
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 11th, 2011 10:41am

Hi Customer, Thank you for posting here. >When I am on the server and go to my computer and click on the d drive i am not able to see the folders. To find your shared folders, please right click Computer > Manage > Shared Folders or run “net share” in command line. You would find all of your shared folders there. If you couldn’t find it in the correct disk, please click tools > folder options > unhide files were hidden to see how everything is going. Best Regards, James Zou
May 12th, 2011 10:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics