Folder redirection - stop managing a user

I see lots of posts on how to revert a user from folder redirection back to the default location, by either changing the current GPO or by moving the user to a new GPO that uses basic and default profile location.  However this keeps the user "managed" and does not allow the user to change the default location.   I need to remove users from being managed as I want to move some users to OneDrive or to WorkFolders.  Both of which include changing the document location from %profile%\documents to a folder within the workfolders or onedrive for business folder.   Also, I have some users with a small SSD c drive and a larger second drive.  In those cases the onedrive or work folders location is set to the second location. 

Once we have determined what will work best for each department, we can standardize a file location and manage the users document location but for the moment, I am looking for a way to remove a user from being managed.   Note:  I have tried excluding them from the GPO, but this does not cause them to be "unmanaged"  and they do not have the ability to change their document location locally.   I would be happy if I can do this as an admin changing a registry setting or similar, ideally rem

September 11th, 2015 2:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics