Folder Security Option
Hi Friends...I have a problem, My D drive is NTFS but I have not found security taboption in folder property, Pls anyone tell me how can I view security tab in folder property.form Raxy
June 18th, 2008 2:47pm

Hi Raxy, What is the operation system that you encounter this issue with? 1. please verify that the drive is formatted with NTFS file system 2. Please also check whether the Security tab is there for other partitions and other folders. 3. If the problematic system is Windows XP Professional, I would like to suggest that you follow these steps and then check if the "Security" tab will be displayed. a. Click START then CONTROL PANELb. In Control panel, double-click the FOLDER OPTIONS iconc. Under the VIEW tab, scroll to the bottom of the ADVANCED SETTINGSd. Remove the check from the option labeled: USE SIMPLE FILE SHARINGe. Click the OK button to save changesf. restart the system. Hope it helps.Your potential. Our passion.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2008 9:49am

Mr good mornig this is teh steep , i dont find it in te folder optiosn in control panel Under the VIEW tab, scroll to the bottom of the ADVANCED SETTINGSWHATS IS THE STEP FOR FIND IT tHANKS
July 11th, 2008 4:16pm

I have a similar problem. I did all you said and there is still no folder. In our lab, all the others have a security folder in the control panel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2008 8:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics