Folder Redirection with new server
I had folder redirecton setup on a file server with the Documents and Pictures folders being redirected. I got a new file server and now when I'mon a desktop andclick on the Document link off the start menu nothing happens. When I look at the properities of the document link it is blank.I get the followin error in the event log:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-Folder RedirectionDate: 9/21/2009 3:05:39 PMEvent ID: 502Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: domain\usernameComputer: desktop.domain.orgDescription:Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Documents" to "\\newserver\users\username\My Documents".Redirection options=9001.The following error occurred: "Failed to build the list of regular subfolders under "\\oldserver\users\username\My Documents"".Error details: "The network path was not found.".I also get the same message pertaining to the picuters folder. I've changed the group policy setting to point to the new server and have run gpupdate /force.The only way I can figure out how to fix this is to have both file servers running at the same time and reboot my desktop. Is this how this gp setting is supposed to be changed to point to the new server?
September 22nd, 2009 2:12am

Hi Rdoss,Is the new server is having required access to users to store the data.Please check the below KB.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443/RegardsRajesh J S
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2009 8:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics