Flat file with Dynamic Columns

I will be receiving a CSV daily where columns within the file will change.   The column order and number of columns can change daily.   I need a way to read in the header from the csv and create a flat file connection that reflects the columns listed in the header.   Is there an easy way to do this using a script task?    I have already read the header into a table but I have been unable to create the dynamic file connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

August 31st, 2015 7:46pm

Hi Mark,

You will need to check for the incoming file metadata from withing a program that will generate the SSIS package that can upload the data which in turn perhaps defeats the use of SSIS itself.

Thing is SSIS a design by contract meaning it relies on static definitions.

There is no other way around.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 8:17pm

Please see this blog post

http://www.techbrothersit.com/2015/01/how-to-create-tables-for-multiple-pipe.html

September 1st, 2015 2:55pm

Hi Marc,

The standard Data Flow Task supports only static columns defined at design time. If you can use third-party solutions, check the commercial COZYROC Data Flow Task Plus. It is an extension of the standard Data Flow Task with support for dynamic columns at runtime. It provides the exact functionality you are looking for. No programming skills are required.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2015 12:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics