First remote computer setup
This is my first remote computer setup in a WS2012R2 system.  I have set up a remote computer in a Windows 7 Pro computer by selecting the Domain: mysite.com and restarted.  Now the computer shows up in WS2012R2 Active Directory Users and Computers.  I assign the remote computer an IPv4 address.  I can not get the remote computer to go online and list the IPv4 address or the operating system.  How do I get the remote computer online?
September 10th, 2015 1:52pm

Can you clarify your issue?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 9:38pm

I can not get the Server Pool to list the IPv4 address or the operating system but it lists the remote computer that I configured into DNS Manager: "remotecomputer1.mysite.com". 

The Operating System name exists in AD Users and Computers and the Remote Computer IPv4 address exists in DNS. 

I need to have these Server Pool parameters to use in Remote Desktop.

As you can see "DELL..." has no IP address or Operating System.  When they exist in other places.  How do I get them to show here?
  • Edited by Philosophiae Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:45 PM
September 10th, 2015 10:08pm

Hi Philosophiae,

The server manager design for manage the servers platform but not the desktop platform, I have perform a test same as your scenario and I can add the Windows 7 (ultimate) client it shows in server but in the Manageability column it indicate Cannot  manage a client-based operation system, and in the Server manager introduce KB it also dont indicate it support the client system.

Now, Since we dont know the DELL system details, please refer the following KB fist confirm whether your DELL system is supported system and you have install the required component then monitor the issue again.

The related KB:

Manage Multiple, Remote Servers with Server Manager

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831456.aspx

Im glad to be of help to you!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2015 2:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics