Firewall Settings

Hello There!

I would like to configure a firewall on a 2012 R2. Here is the thing: I have three cards, two of them are in nic teaming, switch independent in dynamic mode, this two look to the private domain network with fixed ip. The single one looks to the internet and get the ip from a router. I have router function configured only with nat on the server. The question is: I see only one connection with a domain network connection profile in the network and sharing center which is ok, but should or could I seperate the two connections and set to two kind of firewall profiles on them? I searched how can I seperate them but could not seperate them with a powershell command, it did not work, probably the domain group policy blocking. Is it really necessary to seperate or should configure both? Which is the better solution for more security? And how can I tell the public card to work in public mode not in domain?

Thx.

August 27th, 2015 11:22am

Hi dzsende,

According to your description, you have three cards, two of them are in NIC teaming for private use, the third card is out of NIC teaming for public use. But when you open the network and sharing center, theres only one network connectiondomain network connection.

This issue may be caused by that all of the cards could connect to the domain. Maybe the third card could connect to the domain by public network, once the card connect to the domain, we couldnt disconnect domain connection.

In my lab, the third card couldnt connect to the domain, cards in NIC teaming could connect to the domain, the network and sharing center displays two connections. If we want to separate the two connections, we have to ensure the third card couldnt connect to the domain.

Best regards,

Anne he 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 9:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics