Files are not accessable some time from Fileserver Via SMB1 to SMB2

Dear Team,

we are facing an issue on our File server

see our set up

we hosted Fileserver in a Clustered enviorment.

Lots of Clients are accessing Picture files from defferant Locations

XP Users are facing issues while accessing photos. ( As i know in XP we are using SMBv1 and in our Server (Win2k8R2) Using SMBv2.1) windows 7/8 users are fine

Can we use SMBv2.1 for Windows XP  ? any patches or Fixes available to fix this issue ?

we dont need to downgrade the SMB version as all documnetations not recommented to do so

Kindly Advice.

Shaijith KB

• Edited by Shaijith KB Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:50 AM Title changing
January 21st, 2014 10:49am

Dear Team,

we are facing an issue on our File server

see our set up

we hosted Fileserver in a Clustered enviorment.

Lots of Clients are accessing Picture files from defferant Locations

XP Users are facing issues while accessing photos. ( As i know in XP we are using SMBv1 and in our Server (Win2k8R2) Using SMBv2.1) windows 7/8 users are fine

Can we use SMBv2.1 for Windows XP  ? any patches or Fixes available to fix this issue ?

we dont need to downgrade the SMB version as all documnetations not recommented to do so

Kindly Advice.

Shaijith KB

Am adding few errors I got from my server while i put netmon in my server

SMB:R; Transact2, Find First2 - NT Status: System - Error, Code = (15) STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE

SMB:R; Transact2, Query Path Info - NT Status: System - Error, Code = (52) STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

Kindly Advice !!!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2014 12:48pm

Hi, 

Windows XP only support SMB1, so we could not use SMB2 for Windows XP. Is there any error massage appeared or in the event log when you access the picture files from Windows XP? If you access another file format such as a text file, does the issue still exist? 

For the error massage you provided, please refer to the article below to troubleshoot the issue:

On a file server that is running Windows Server 2003, CPU utilization for the System process increases to 100 percent
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941756

How to enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2696547

Regards, 

Mandy
January 22nd, 2014 12:41pm

Dear mandy,

My File server is Win2k8 not Win2k3.There is no error while accesing a picture file  but after few tries continues its drop

Waiting for ur valuable comments,

Best regards,

Shaijith KB

February 16th, 2014 8:09am

Hi could you please answer the questions asked by Mandy Ye?

• If the XP Clients access non Picture files, do they have problem?
  • Is it always the same pictures that are having problems?

February 17th, 2014 4:11am

Dear Oscar,

Q1's A: If you access any type of files continuesly it will drop one or two times in 2-3 minuts

Q2's A:There is no speicific files ( in The File server we saved millions of images and it is accessing from clients via our internal application, the appication some time not showing photo , but u open it again it will show the image. ( only in XP ) for Eg: if one Document has to print one signature and one photo it will print only either photo or signature ( Only it happen aprox 10 in an hour )

We are using Trend micro Antivirus client Ver. 10.6.4339 ( 9.750.1007 Scan Engine)

It was hosted in 2003 before ( it was working with out any issue) and the same Lun moved to Win2k8 R2 Cluster

Best Regards,

February 17th, 2014 10:52am

Dears,

Any updates ?

Best Regards,

Shaijith KB

February 23rd, 2014 1:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics