File share Issues
Hi, I have Configureed File shared Server with Two IP Address. Shared access has been working fine with below mentiond ip and hostname but my customer want differnet hostname ex(stdpkg.xxx.com) Hostname name : Mdcoraapp3.xxx.com -> 10.64.13.25 & 26 In this case I have created the CNAME(alias) entry on my DNS Server and i am able to resolved but shared access is not working,getting error which indicates that " "You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining a domain, go to System in Control Panel to change the computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name. " i also created the Host(A) record with that second IP... but i am confronting same issue Please help me.... Deva Deva Self-trust is the first secret of success.
December 20th, 2010 5:30am

This article may help. Connecting to SMB share on a Windows 2000-based computer or a Windows Server 2003-based computer may not work with an alias name http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281308 Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 20th, 2010 9:05am

Hi, I would like to confirm what operating systems are installed on the domain controllers and the clients? In addition to apply the troubleshooting suggestion “Dave Patrick” provided, please also make sure that there is no host names or alias names (CNames) are pointed to the same IP address. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 21st, 2010 12:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics