File permissions on server
Hey i have a little task that i need some help on. Is there a way to see with Active Directory security group has permissions set on a another Winddows server. I have an Active Directory domain on a server 2003. The domain level is set to server 2003. I created diffrent security groups on the domain server and i have created several users and diffrent users are mebers off diffrent security groups. I have also many diffrent server 2003 that are an member of my AD domain. And users are logging onto these servers. I am using Citrix, and the servers are server 2003 Citrix servers. Now i have a specified AD security group, and i want too see on my Citrix servers if there is any file permisions ore folders that are using these security group for file permissions. Is there a way to see this either by script are an program. best regards peter
September 22nd, 2010 3:18am

I've just tried it from an Windows 7 client with cacls cacls \\<forest>\<dfs>\<ou>\<share> worked ... Is it whta you searching for? br libbe
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2010 4:46am

Hi, You can also have a look at the ShareEnum and AccessEnum: ShareEnum v1.6 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897442.aspx ShareEnum utility can clearly list all the Share permissions with all the groups (including global groups and local groups) on the server. AccessEnum v1.32 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897332.aspx AccessEnum utility can clearly list all the NTFS permissions with all the groups (including global groups and local groups) on the server. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
September 26th, 2010 10:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics