File permissions on Snap server 210

Hi,

We have a Snap Server 210 which acts as our file server. A telephone engineer knocked the power supply yesterday and since the server came back the permissions are not correct.

There is no guest account listed in the security tab on the file properties as usual, just admin which has full permission and Everyone that can only read and execute. I local account on windows 8 is an admin account but I get an error when trying to alter the permission 'unable to save permissions ...access is denied' or 'failed to enumerate objects in the container'.

I tried downloading the script with the right click to take ownership but it doesn't do anything. If I copy the files somewhere else on the drive the permissions are fine and the guest account appears again. However there is 160gb of data and the speed moving on the same drive is less than 1mbps for some reason? And even if I do copy all files and folders, I can't delete the old ones!

Any help appreciated!

June 4th, 2014 6:18am

Are your systems in domain ? 

Try giving full access to everyone and check if that works, on a test folder. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2014 6:22am

The snapserver and all computers are in the same workgroup.
June 4th, 2014 6:32am

I jus get the access is denied when trying to give full access to 'everyone'.
June 4th, 2014 11:22am

Start from the parent shared folder, check its settings. 

Please note, if you have any deny settings configured it'll overwrite even if you provide full access on sub folders. 

June 5th, 2014 12:48am

There are no deny settings ticked and if I try to change any permissions/add users etc on either the G: drive itself or a top level folder inside I get cannot change permissions access is denied.

• Edited by Timj17 2 hours 9 minutes ago
June 5th, 2014 4:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics