File and Print Auditing Software
I am looking for some software that can perform both file and print auditing. I have found a few products that can do either, but it would be great if anyone knew of a product that does both. We only require auditing of the print jobs from our 2008 print servers, not any direct printing from the clients. File auditing is only for a single share on the file server. We desire all operations to be logged to a single database and search-able on several fields, plus be simple. We currently have SCOM auditing the printers. It's main downfall is that it produces about 10 pages of report for a single print job. Our file auditing is currently performed by ScriptLogics File System Auditor, but that has just been bought out and no longer on the market. Does anyone else have any products they would recommend? (prefer to steer clear of the windows event log) Cheers
July 31st, 2012 8:39pm

FileSure (http://www.bystorm.com) can do what you need. We're getting new customers who, like you, are being forced to leave Quest. HTH, Gene
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2012 9:49pm

FileSure (http://www.bystorm.com) can do what you need. We're getting new customers who, like you, are being forced to leave Quest. HTH, Gene
July 31st, 2012 9:53pm

Thanks for that. I assume that the printing component could be handled by sending print-server event logs to the Filesure store?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2012 11:40pm

You can configure FileSure to pick up the print event log entries, but FileSure has built in Print job auditing. Here is a sample entry: Machine Time Level Details SANDYBRIDGE 7/23/2012 8:43 AM Information User allengb has printed E2296 - How to create an unbound column in the TreeList | DevExpress Support Center on Multi-function Printer plugged into SandyBridge.
August 1st, 2012 4:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics