File Transfer 2008 to 2003 locks server up????
So I have a weird problem. I have one 2008 R2 server and another 2003 x86 SBS on a GB switch. I've made sure both nics on each server have updated firmware. I have even diabled TaskOffload on the 2003 server. The issue: If I'm on the 2008 server and open explorer to the 2003 server (\\192.168.1.252\c$) and try to transfer a file it starts off at around 70-90mbps and stops at random points. It eventually fails and says it can't find the path. Even stranger:I can have the networking tab of TASKMGR up and as soon as the transfer starts I see the network utilization jump when the transfer stops. After a few seconds the network utilization drops to 0% and the server will eventually lock up. I have tried transferring from the 2008 R2 server to the 2003 SBS and it does that, and also from a Windows 7 machine and it did the same thing.
May 26th, 2011 12:32am

Hi, Please try the following steps to disable SMB Signing by navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters and modifying the EnableSecuritySignature value to 0. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft KB article: Client, service, and program incompatibilities that may occur when you modify security settings and user rights assignments http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823659 If it does not work, please also test the issue in Safe Mode with Networking and let us know the result. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2011 2:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics