File Replication item for my documents to Server
I am trying to figure out a way to protect our user's information that is in my documents and desktops. Let me try to explain out setup. We have 20 sites with VPN sessions that connect to our Data Center with either cable, DSL or T1s. The computers at these sites are laptops. At these sites, there are no servers... I need to replicate the my documents and desktops to protect the information, but when I have setup replication and I am connected to the VPN, it opens the document from the server which results in a major slow issue. I need a way that users can be connected to the VPN and be connected to our servers and email but utilize the documents from the local machine. BUT I also need that information to be replicated or backed up to a corporate server.Any ideas??
December 1st, 2009 7:07pm

In my opinion, you may need provide file server in local user site and use DFS replication to replicate the user data to Data Centerfor backup.Thana
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2009 3:47am

In our case, this would not be an option. As for most companies, budgets are an issue. In our case, some sites have only 2-3 computers and other utilize aircards. Justification for a server with a RIO would not make sence. 90% of our organization sites have less than 10 people.I need to the option for either a backup solution for these remote computers to backup to my servers or have some type of replication setup. Since most of the company is remote, all we have are laptops....Any other options?
December 2nd, 2009 4:59pm

Hi RW Perkins,Are you looking for roaming profile kind of setup where users profile will be populated from a centralized location and gets synchronized when they logoff ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 3rd, 2009 10:38am

Hi RW Perkins,Did you had a chance to go through the earlier post ?, can you confirm if there is further questions on the issue ?
December 26th, 2009 9:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics