FileMaker pro to SQL server 2008
Dear all,

I have a customer which is actually using Filemaker pro ( 4 years old,do not know exact version) and I have convince him to move to SQL server.
My work will be to propose him the migration of his database to SAL server.

Based on that is there a migration tool from FileMaker to SQL server or do I have to proceed same as an Access db by using the Import data function for that ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge
April 17th, 2009 3:53pm

Hi

There is no migration tool from FileMaker to SQL Server. But you can migrate easily from Access Database to SQL Server Database easily.

Refer this thread for migrating an access database to SQL Server database
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/8f384957-e0f5-4afe-8c5b-f60485899651/

Thanks
Sreekar
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2009 7:22am

Does a solution exist then to import file maker pro database to Access and then Access to SQL server ?
April 18th, 2009 8:33am

Yes, FmPro Migrator converts FileMaker to Access or even directly to SQL Server without having to go thru Access.

Remember, Access has a 255 field limit, and sometimes FileMaker tables have many hundreds of fields which would prevent doing the conversion to Access.

It is also possible to convert the business logic, relationships, forms and scripts into a PHP web application which will access the data in SQL Server.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 17th, 2015 12:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics