Fatal error 1935 when installing Symantec Backup Exec agent on Server 2008
I am encountering this problem with getting "Fatal Error 1935; Assembly Microsoft VC80.ATL" during installation of Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent on Windows Server 2008. I am running two servers in failover cluster with SQL Server 2008 running on both. Both servers fail during installation of the client. I have followed Symantec's tech recomendatio in the doc TECH125274. It did not work. I am running out of ideas. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
October 9th, 2012 3:40pm

Hello, Did you run the command fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ with elevated privilege? Have you tried disable antivirus protection on your server and restart the Windows Installer Service? Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 9th, 2012 10:43pm

Hello, Did you run the command fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ with elevated privilege? Have you tried disable antivirus protection on your server and restart the Windows Installer Service? Thanks Zhang
October 9th, 2012 10:54pm

Hi LevIFT, Make sure File and Printer Sharing, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Port 445 (NETBIOS) are enabled. To do this you can run the commands at the 2008 command lines: Netsh Firewall Set service fileandprint enable Netsh firewall set portopening tcp 445 smb enable Netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="windows management instrumentation (wmi)" new enable=yes Try a manual install as an administrator via a Backup Exec install cd. see http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179142 under section II B.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2012 1:12pm

Hi LevIFT, Make sure File and Printer Sharing, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Port 445 (NETBIOS) are enabled. To do this you can run the commands at the 2008 command lines: Netsh Firewall Set service fileandprint enable Netsh firewall set portopening tcp 445 smb enable Netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="windows management instrumentation (wmi)" new enable=yes Try a manual install as an administrator via a Backup Exec install cd. see http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179142 under section II B.
October 15th, 2012 1:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics