Fatal Error c000021a
I have an HP server Running Windows Server Advanced 2008 R2 and after running MS Updates I get a blue screen and a message about Fatal Error c00021a. I have tried sfc /scannow and it tells me that there is a repair currently in process when I havent started any repair process. I tried startrep.exe and it states that there are no problems detected. Anyone have an idea where to go from here?
September 7th, 2011 11:15am

1. Analyze dump file and see if you could find the root of problem. 2. Is this physical or virtual installation? If it is virtual on VMware, see the VMware forum. 3. What information (failure) is in WindowsUpdate.log file and ReportEvents.log?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2011 4:36am

I have an HP server Running Windows Server Advanced 2008 R2 and after running MS Updates I get a blue screen and a message about Fatal Error c00021a. I have tried sfc /scannow and it tells me that there is a repair currently in process when I havent started any repair process. I tried startrep.exe and it states that there are no problems detected. Anyone have an idea where to go from here? See this KB article about methods to troubleshoot such an error; also, if you have some dump files, you may also want to analyze them; an easy way to do it is using this tool, just download and run it, select the latest dump file and check which process/driver caused the crash, with such an info in your hands you may be able to either rollback or update the app/driver and solve the issue
September 8th, 2011 5:07am

Hi, You may update BIOS and other hardware drivers first. If it does not work, you may analyze them with Debugging Tools by yourself. You can install it and it’s Symbol Packages from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Devtools/Debugging/default.mspx WinDbg will tell you the possible cause. For more information, please read Microsoft KB Article: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263 Collect Minidump Files ================= 1. Click "Start", input "SYSDM.CPL" (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press “Enter”. 2. Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Startup and Recovery". 3. Under "Write debugging information" section, make sure the "Small memory dump (128KB)" option is selected. 4. Make sure "%SystemRoot%\Minidump" is in the "Small dump directory" open box and click “OK”. If the Blue Screen appears again, please refer to the following steps to collect memory dump files: 1. Click “Start”, type “%SystemRoot%\Minidump" (without quotation marks) in “Search” bar and press “Enter”. 2. Go to your Desktop, right-click on it and create a new folder named "Dump". 3. Copy all the memory dump files (looks like [Mini092008-01.dmp]) in Minidump to this folder. If no clue can be found, you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607 Regards, Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2011 7:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics