Failover not working. Stops at initialization.

Hello,

everytime I try to do testfailover for my server I get this Error:
I also get the same error if I try to do a normal failover.

• An error occurred during initialization of the test failover of 'DB'. Try to run the test failover later.

Please try again. If the problem persists, contact support.

If I check the Replication Health Status on my Hyper-V Host it also says everything is fine. (Replication Health: Normal)

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this problem or can give me a location of a log file where I can check? It was working a couple of days ago and I did no changes in my configuration. 

With Kind regards

Pascal

March 30th, 2015 7:37am

No problems.

I just want to bring to your notice that this may occur when you delete the VM from the VMM console. In case of a disaster, the host and VM might go not responding but they would still be available in VMM as not responding or missing. During this state you can complete a UFO/TFO of the VM. If you delete the VM from VMM then you might hit this issue. More details could have helped us zero in on it. I am closing this thread. Feel free to reopen this thread or a new one as you might find right.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2015 2:31am

No problems.

I just want to bring to your notice that this may occur when you delete the VM from the VMM console. In case of a disaster, the host and VM might go not responding but they would still be available in VMM as not responding or missing. During this state you can complete a UFO/TFO of the VM. If you delete the VM from VMM then you might hit this issue. More details could have helped us zero in on it. I am closing this thread. Feel free to reopen this thread or a new one as you might find right.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

May 13th, 2015 2:32am

No problems.

Thank you,

Ruturaj

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2015 6:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics