Failover Cluster on S-2012 R2 - CNO Issue

Set up is with 2 Nodes (6 VMs per node running from clustered storage).
I have a CNO in the Active Directory & registered in the DNS, within its security tab it has full control to its named object ('CNO-C1$') and both nodes ( 1 & 2).

Node 2: Failover Cluster Manager reports no errors currently. (can ping CNO)
Node 1: Failover Cluster Manager reports 1 error of event ID 1207 (can ping CNO)

"
The computer object associated with the cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' could not be updated in domain 'mydomain.contoso.com' during the 
Resource post online operation.

The text for the associated error code is: There is no such object on the server.

The cluster identity 'CNO-C1$' may lack permissions required to update the object. Please work with your domain administrator to ensure that the cluster identity can update computer objects in the domain.

"

Each FOC Manager reports 2 functional Nodes, 2 functional NIC with 2 different sub-nets for communication ( 1.xxx & 0.xxx)
Clustered Storage is currently online for both nodes, I can currently live migrate and 'shared nothing' migrate.

The error says there is no object... can anyone see a hole here?

Thanks in advance.

June 24th, 2015 8:21pm

More info...
I found this kerberos error in the systems event viewer

This indicates that the target server failed to decrypt the ticket provided by the client. This can occur when the target server principal name (SPN) is registered on an account other than the account the target service is using. 

Starting to make sense as the previous guy had 2 other CNO(clusters$) no longer in use, so my SPN might be associated with a old CNO.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 10:40pm

Hi LMS-Th3Cleaner,

This error usually caused by Inadequate Active Directory permissions for the Cluster Name account, or the DNS entry for the cluster name lost IP address, please first try the following steps then monitor the issue.

---gave CNO full permissions on the CNO.

---the container that had the CNO in it gave CNO full permissions on that.

---added the CNO to the local admin group on both the nodes.

---added the resppective nodes to their own local admin groups.

---gave the CNO full permissions on the VCO too.

More information:

CNO Blog Series: Increasing Awareness around the Cluster Name Object (CNO)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2012/09/25/cno-blog-series-increasing-awareness-around-the-cluster-name-object-cno.aspx

Im glad to be of help to you!

June 29th, 2015 1:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics