Failed to install MSI Windows Installer
I tried to install the MSI windows installer 3.0and itskeep prompting me an error Not Enough storage is available to process this command. My hard disk space still have 110GB. So, I tried to download latest version from Microsoft website, and during installation, error prompt as The version of Windows you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install. Then, I downloaded Windows Installer 4.5 and error prompt as The update does not apply to your system.Can someone help me!
August 7th, 2009 11:47am

Is it windows 2000 or 2003 server. Check for the pagefile in the server.Have tried installing after performing a clean reboot.then try installing the MSI.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 7th, 2009 12:31pm

Hi, Please read the following article it related to the exact error you having: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/225782
August 7th, 2009 6:38pm

Hi,It's running under Windows Server 2008.Even a clean reboot does not help. Is there any other way to install MSI.Please advice
August 10th, 2009 4:20am

Why do you think you need MSI 3.0?Server 2008 comes with MSi 4.5.Check the versions of "C:\Windows\System32\msi.dll" and "C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe".
August 10th, 2009 5:21am

I need to install a program that required MSI 3.0 and above.I ever tried to install MSI 4.5 but still facing some error such as "The update does not apply to your system"msi.dll& msiexec.exe-ver 4.5.6002.18005Did MSI 4.5 include all components/classes of MSI 3.0?
August 10th, 2009 6:10am

The reason why it says "The update does not apply to your system", is that it is already installed.It should be able to install MSI 3.0 packages.You could try "sfc /scannow".You could also try re-registering the dll's involved, "regsvr32 msi.dll". Try it with any other msi*.dll's in system32, although they may not all be self registering.Another option is to try running meiexec.exe explicitly, msiexec {path\}package.msi. There are also command switches available for msiexec. See msiexec /?.
August 11th, 2009 1:04am

Hi Customer, Thanks for posting here. According to your description, most likely the package you are trying to install is using a private andundocumented SetupAPI function and won't install on Windows Server2008. Please refer to the KB article: Misleading error message when you install an update package in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008: "Not enough storage is available to process this command" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941384 Related Forum thread: Not enough storage space? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/6c3926c9-8ba7-4610-af4c-baf679499bc0/ Wilson Jia - MSFT
August 11th, 2009 7:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics