Failed to Connect to Remote Private Queue

Hi, I have a BizTalk Server 2009 Standard running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SQL Server 2008. The BizTalk application is configured to connect to a private Message Queue(RemoteServer\private$\AppName) on a remote server . One of the receive locations of the BizTalk Application is configured for authentication to the remote queue. From the command line I can connect successfully to any shares on the remote server :

C:\Users\Administrator>NET USE * \\RemoteServer\temp* /USER:RemoteServer\LocalUser

Type the password for \\RemoteServer\temp:
Drive Y: is now connected to \\RemoteServer\temp.

The command completed successfully.

However with the same LocalUser configured under Receive Locations(MSMQ transport type) I get the following error:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    BizTalk Server 2009
Event Category:    (1)
Event ID:    5740
Date:        25.06.2010
Time:        17:52:26
User:        N/A
Computer:    ServerName
Description:
The adapter "MSMQ" raised an error message. Details "The user does not have permissions to receive messages.
 Please check the queue permissions. ".

LocalUser has Full access on the private message queue.

Background: We have migrated the application from a Windows Server 2003/BizTalk 2006 server to the current one(Export/Import Application + Bindings). If we test on the old system it works perfectly with the same user and same remote system.

Is there an issue with BizTalk 2009 in this regard?

Thanks.

June 25th, 2010 7:06pm

Same problems here, except public non-transactional queues.

The BizTalk setup is Windows Server 2008 R2 / BizTalk 2010. Message queues are on the same domain on another Windows Server 2008 R2 server, no firewall between.

Event log error message details were:
Event Type:    Warning
Event ID:    5740
The adapter "MSMQ" raised an error message. Details "0".

I can see that the account I use in the MSMQ adapter configuration successfully logs on to the server where queues are. At the same time the warning is logged to biztalk server event log.

Does anyone have an idea how this could be resolved? Would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by maakku Thursday, September 08, 2011 1:19 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2011 4:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics