Failed installation role: Sharepoint
I'me getting the following message when installing Sharepoint Services Roles: Windows SharePoint Services: Installation failed <Error>: Attempt to install SharePointCore failed with error code -2146994888. Unknown error (0x7538)--JP
October 24th, 2007 8:50pm

I'm getting the same message with an "error code" of 0x80077572 and an "Unknown error" of(0x7572). This happened after I managed to install Sharepoint Services, but then uninstalled it and attempted to reinstall it. Am I going to have to reformat the drive and start from the beginning, or is there something which can be done at this point to get it working again?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 31st, 2007 8:39pm

You dont need to reformat your hard drive everytime there is a problem with services. The answer to all Windows Sharepoint Services is on the below link: http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=Windows+SharePoint+Services+Errors&catalog=LCID%3D1033&pd=&spid=9344&qryWt=&mode=r&cus=False Regards John
November 1st, 2007 8:13pm

Dear John, Thanks for that link. I've spent months poring over that site, as well asGoogle, and have never seen this parrticular problem addressed. Having just reviewed it again, it's clear that neither the "error code" or "unknown error" number, or even "Attempt to install Windows SharePoint Services failed with error code" has been addrssed on these forums, suggesting I've tripped over a brand new error. It would sure be nice to get Sharepoint working, but it apears the only way to do that is to literally reformat the drive or start all over with a new one--as it was once working on this very system!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2007 12:17am

Apparently removing the WSS role does not remove the databases. I was able to d/l and use SQL Management Studio to delete the WSS databases (using \\.\pipe\mssql$microsoft##ssee\sql\query as server name) DB's: SharePoint* Reinstall after that still failed, but I'm thinking the Databases may still be related to the issue.
April 25th, 2008 2:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics