Failed SQL agent Job's report via repository server for all other database servers (SQL 2005)

Hello Team,

We are looking for a possible solution for SQL agent job failures from one centralized server which gives us the report for the status of failed jobs say for past 3 hours on X database servers.

From each server i have found a way but that throws back lot of emails for X server:

The possible solution i found over the net was Centralized SSIS solution to monitor failed SQL Server Agent Jobs across the enterprise, but this has drawback that whenever server reboots, the query written on tempdb at repository gets cleared as new tempdb gets created.

We have free tools like Idera SQL job manager and SQLVIBS but due to security reasons i am not allowed to install them.

Please suggest for any other possible solution which alerts a report for failed sql agent jobs via one email for all my X DB servers.

Thanks!

July 28th, 2015 12:57am

Hello,

Pick out one SQL Server as your central Monitoring Server, add all other SQL Server as "Linked Server" to it, then you can query the Job state of all SQL Server from one point.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2015 2:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics