FTP error 425
I use the windows FTP command line client to do batch updates to external sites. On server 2008 I am getting the following error... 230 User <user name> logged in.ftp> dir200 PORT command successful425 Unable to build data connection: Connection timed outftp> quit421 No Transfer Timeout (600 seconds): closing control connection. I have made the changes suggested in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323446. I can get a directory listing in IE but not from the command-line client. Interestingly, the command works fine on a Vista client sitting behind ISA 2006.
May 14th, 2008 6:37am

Dont worry. After much searching I found a registry hack: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ SharedAccess \ Parameters \ FirewallPolicy \ DisableStatefulFTP = 0
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 15th, 2008 2:43am

Hello Mike, Thank you for sharing the solution. I believe that other members will also benefit from your findings. BTW, you may use "quote PORT" to enforce the FTP client to use PORT mode. This will enable the FTP transport package come across the Windows Firewall.
May 15th, 2008 6:56am

Hi All, I am also having the same issue, Description: Able to login to the ftp using command line after login when i type any command it is not displaying any data and after some time it give the timedout error. But if i disable firewall i am able to type the command and get the output. Below is the error formate ___________________________________ 230 User explorer logged in. ftp> dir 200 PORT command successful. 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls. Aborting any active data connections... 425 Can't open data connection. ftp> bye _____________________ Please note that the above mentioned registry value is already there in the server (windows 2008 R2 Standard). Any idea dears????
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2012 3:49am

Hi All, I solved by creating an Inbound firewall rule like this: Protocol: TCP Local Ports: 1024-65535 Remote Ports: 20,21,1024-65535 Remote IP address: <IP of remote ftp server> Obviously this is usefull if your needs is to do FTP only with one o few FTP servers... Max.
August 30th, 2012 10:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics