FTP Server Stalls transfers
Greets, i have Windows 2003 Server and i have setup an FTP server.After i upload a file most of the time it stalls, that is the ftp client waits for the server although the transfer is complete (the ftp-client names the state post-transfer).If i set more threads for transfering filesthen those threads alsolag before they complete thetransfer.Any ideas what's wrong?Thanx for the help!
November 10th, 2008 6:29pm

Hi Nezos,I am putting somequestions here probably can be useful for the problem and hope answerit: Have you tried any other ftp client instead you are using? Have you tried uploading files from command prompt to test it whether it is a client problem or something else? Are you getting any error while you wait for so long? As you are saying that most of the time it stalls so hoping there is no firewall issues. (I am assuming sometimes uploading is happening) For a moment if we consider it is issue from server side, have you checked the utilization and performance of server when upload data. Hoping there is no network issue for LAN or WAN. I hope this will help you to some results, keep update me so I will try to give you a best answer. Regards, TilakIT Consultant
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 11th, 2008 9:11am

Dear Tilak,thank you for your answer. To the questions you have set:-Yes i have tried other ftp clients and still the same.-Yes i have tried using the command prompt, still the same.-No error, it sends the file and then it stops responding so the transfer is not complete.-No firewall issue.-Where should i look for the utilization and performance of the server and what do you think i should check?-No, not LAN or WAN problem.
November 21st, 2008 1:48am

i still haven't solved the problem, if anyone else experiences this problem any help will be useful...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 3rd, 2009 12:08pm

hi there, i would like to know how did you set up your FTP server, is this a Microsoft FTP server ?what is the ftp client you are using ?when does the ftp connection hangs ? is it during start of ftp connection / in between , is this issue intermittent / every time you initiate the file transfer the issue occurs ?is the issue happening local to server, for eg: try doing ftp on the server and check if the issue happens. is your ftp server behind NAT ?make sure you update your OS and test the behavior.can you set th eftp server in another OS and check if the issue still exists ?sainath Windows Driver Development
May 3rd, 2009 2:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics