FTP Access Problem
There is a windows service running on WIN 2008 R2 server. The service access the FTP site, which is there on the AIX server. When we run the service, it gives an error "Unable to connect to the remote server". Is there any solution to this ? I cannot check any other details on the AIX server, since the server is at client side & i don't have permission to access that. Please provide the solution for this.
August 20th, 2012 12:56am

Have you checked to see if FTP is being blocked by a firewall?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2012 10:58am

Have you checked to see if FTP is being blocked by a firewall?
August 31st, 2012 11:04am

There is a windows service running on WIN 2008 R2 server. The service access the FTP site, which is there on the AIX server. When we run the service, it gives an error "Unable to connect to the remote server". Is there any solution to this ? I cannot check any other details on the AIX server, since the server is at client side & i don't have permission to access that. Please provide the solution for this. I have experienced a similar issue. We were not able to reach AIX server through Windows. We could fix this issue by making host entries on both servers. See if that helps you as well. This is what we had to On Windows Server, made a host entry for AIX server and on AIX server, made host entry for Windows server.I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
August 31st, 2012 11:29am

There is a windows service running on WIN 2008 R2 server. The service access the FTP site, which is there on the AIX server. When we run the service, it gives an error "Unable to connect to the remote server". Is there any solution to this ? I cannot check any other details on the AIX server, since the server is at client side & i don't have permission to access that. Please provide the solution for this. I have experienced a similar issue. We were not able to reach AIX server through Windows. We could fix this issue by making host entries on both servers. See if that helps you as well. This is what we had to On Windows Server, made a host entry for AIX server and on AIX server, made host entry for Windows server.I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
August 31st, 2012 11:35am

Thanks for your reply. I found the issue. The issue was with the proxy server. The WIN 2008 R2 server was using a proxy server which was blocking the access to the AIX server.
October 9th, 2012 7:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics