FSRM classification properties: not all available whan creating a classification rule

Hi I activated 2 resource properties:

"Confidentality" and "Folder Usage" 

then I added both in the global resource property list.

I Updated the Fileserver with the following command: Update-FSRMClassificationpropertyDefinition

When I look in FSRM I see Confidentiality with a little globe and a lock and Folder Usage   with just a globe.

When I add a classification rule and scope the rule to User files and a path in my fileshare. I can just select Confidentiality and high security data (a resource property I created for testing), but no Folder Usage. Why?

August 27th, 2015 4:33pm

The property Folder Usage is  missing on the classification tab on files and folders too...

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 4:41pm

Hi,

All manually created entries in Classification Properties will be listed when you trying to create a new rule.

However on a Windows 2012 R2 system, I noticed that the Folder Usage rule is already there - I assume it is created by system such as in creating Quota or File Screen.

As it is not manually created, it will not be listed .in my test it prompt an error "There are no classification properties available. To create a classification rule. first create one or more classification properties" even though I have 3 entries listed there (Access-Denied Assistance Message, Folder Owner Email and Folder Usage). 

I assume if you create another "Folder Usage 2" then it will be listed there. 

August 28th, 2015 2:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics