FIM Portal RCDC Change Postcode based on Address

Hi,

I'd like to allow users the ability to pick their address from an RCDC control with drop down values - straight forward enough, however I'd also like the ability for users to be able to automatically have the correct post code selected.

Lets say address 1 = "10 Downing Street" with post code "ABC 123", then as soon as someone enters 10 Downing Street, the correct postcode is populated - is this possible without writing a custom UI?

Thanks

May 8th, 2014 6:42am

You cannot add your own event handlers, so it isn't possible that way.

However, just create an MPR that fires after the address is changed. Add a workflow to that MPR that uses function evaluator to populate postcode.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2014 7:23am

Hi Gaston,

So, I could use a function evaluator so that when someone picks an address, the post code is automatically populated? Any chance you could provide some more information, it's not something I've used before...

I'm working on a 10,000 user FIM deployment and the system will have around 100 address and post codes. The system is used lightly, would you expect there to be much of a performance hit.

Thanks

May 8th, 2014 7:45am

Create a action workflow:

• Activities: Function Evaluator
  • Destination: [//Target/PostCodeOrWhateverItIs]
  • Value: IIF(Eq(Address),"Beverly Hills"),"90210","")

Try something simple first to see that it works and then build your actual rule. E.g.

• Value: "Test"

Create a request MPR, something like this:

• Specific set of requestor: All objects
  • Operation: Modify a single-valued attribute
  • Target Before: All People
  • Target After: All People
  • Select specific attributes: address
  • Policy workflows: WF you just created

It's hard to say anything about the performance since I don't know your environment. If your users don't change their addresses that often, then this does'nt really matter. Test and see.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2014 9:06am

Create a action workflow:

• Activities: Function Evaluator
  • Destination: [//Target/PostCodeOrWhateverItIs]
  • Value: IIF(Eq(Address),"Beverly Hills"),"90210","")

Try something simple first to see that it works and then build your actual rule. E.g.

• Value: "Test"

Create a request MPR, something like this:

• Specific set of requestor: All objects
  • Operation: Modify a single-valued attribute
  • Target Before: All People
  • Target After: All People
  • Select specific attributes: address
  • Policy workflows: WF you just created

It's hard to say anything about the performance since I don't know your environment. If your users don't change their addresses that often, then this does'nt really matter. Test and see.

May 8th, 2014 4:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics