FIM Licensing

Experts,

I am in over a confusion regarding licensing of FIM. I do understand that FIM require server license as well as CAL(If FIM service, portal is used for each user managed).

I am not able to understand the difference between this two lines mentioned in Forefront Identity Manager license data sheet.

"
Each user managed by Forefront Identity Manager requires a Windows Server Client Access License (CAL). Go to www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/2008-r2-buy.aspx for information.

&

For each user for whom the Forefront Identity Manager software issues or manages identity information, a CAL is required. A CAL is also required to manage each smart card and to issue and manage each user's access to a digital certificate.
"

What is the difference between this two lines.

Thanks,
Mann

January 13th, 2014 6:38am

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:35:53 +0000, Mann.Cool wrote:

Each user managed by Forefront Identity Manager requires a Windows Server Client Access License (CAL). Go tohttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server/2008-r2-buy.aspx for information.

&

For each user for whom the Forefront Identity Manager software issues or manages identity information, a CAL is required. A CAL is also required to manage each smart card and to issue and manage each user's access to a digital certificate.
"

What is the difference between this two lines.

The first line indicates that you need Windows Server CALs for each user,
even if the portal isn't being used, the second line is referring
specifically to FIM

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 13th, 2014 7:00am

Thanks Paul!

I see following line on our organization portal along with FIM license details:-

"Windows Server Client Access License (CAL)..."

Can I assume that I have CAL or should I reconfirm FIM CAl with MS?

Thanks,

Mann

January 14th, 2014 12:24am

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 05:23:11 +0000, Mann.Cool wrote:

I see following line on our organization portal along with FIM license details:-

"Windows Server Client Access License (CAL)..."

Can I assume that I have CAL or should I reconfirm FIM CAl with MS?

If you have any doubt about license compliance then you should check with
Micr

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2014 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics