FIM 2010 R2 SP1 - SSPR Clarification

We have deployed SSPR to our organization and works great on the wired network. I am running into issues getting the SSPR Rich Client to work over wireless. Is wireless a limitation of the rich client I have not found anything saying that it is or is not?

Logically if the laptop could communicate with the FIM service from the login screen SSPR should work. I am able to ping a laptop sitting at the login screen so it appears to be on the network at that time. I receive the following error when trying to use the Rich Client wirelessly. "An error has occurred. Please contact your helpdesk or system administrator for assistance. Error Code: 40007".

April 16th, 2014 2:27pm

Hi!

Do you have to log in to you wireless network after connecting so the client is not acualy on the network while not logged in? Is it possible to ping or contact the client at all when logged out and connected to wireless?

/Robert

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2014 6:53pm

Hi!

Do you have to log in to you wireless network after connecting so the client is not acualy on the network while not logged in? Is it possible to ping or contact the client at all when logged out and connected to wireless?

/Robert

May 22nd, 2014 6:53pm

The laptops do not authenticate until someone has logged into them. Our network guys are working on setting up always on VPN. After this is implemented they are going to work with our infrastructure team to switch the laptop tops to machine base auth rather then user auth.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 22nd, 2015 8:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics