FIM 2010 R2 - SP1, creating DG's in Exchange 2013

In my lab I have a FIM 2010 R2 - SP1 server I use to create DG's in a Exchange 2010 organization (same as production).

I upgraded my Exchange organization to 2013 and removed my 2010 server (will soon be the case in production).

Everything seems to be working fine, except when I create new DG's using FIM (no changes on this server).  When I create them in Exchange there are no issues.  The new FIM DG's show up in AD and Exchange, but they never get mail enabled.

If I open them in Exchange and save them I get a message saying "The object must be upgraded to the current Exchange version".  If I press the OK button the DG is immediately mail enabled and I am no longer prompted to upgrade the DG.

After a bit of research, I found that the "msExchVersion" attribute had no value when FIM created it (never had to worry about that before).  When Exchange creates or upgrades it the value becomes "44220983382016".  If I flow that numeric value while creating a new DG I no longer get the upgrade message, but the new DG is still not mail enabled.  If I open the DG and then press the save button the DG immediately becomes mail enabled without any upgrade messages and all works as it should.

Is there another attribute or something that I'm missing that Exchange 2013 requires that 2007 / 2010 didn't require ?!?

July 4th, 2013 9:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics