Extract and Append

Hi,

The title does not do justice for what I need done, this by the way may stump people.  I am a newbie (to powershell and this forum) so please be gentle.

I have a bunch of pdf portfolio's ( a pdf portfolio/collection) for those who do not know are a bunch of pdf files inside of one pdf file).

I use pdftk to unpack the portfolio (and basically extract the files contained in that one pdf).

So for example lets say I have 3 pdf's:

doyle.pdf

gates.pdf

jobs.pdf

I run pdftk and the extraction looks somewhat like the following:

doyle.pdf

whale.pdf

Zebra.pdf

moth.pdf

gates.pdf

whale.pdf

cobra.pdf

moth.pdf

jobs.pdf

shark.pdf

horse.pdf

cat.pdf

zebra.pdf

I now have the original files together with the extracted/unpacked files.  As you can see some of the extracted files have the same file name as others that have been extracted.  I need a way to append the original filename with it's corresponding extracted file

for example;

doyle-whale.pdf

Doyle-zebra.pdf

doyle-moth.pdf

gates-whale.pdf

gates-cobra.pdf

jobs-zebra.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't expect anyone to write the code for me but to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks all!

August 26th, 2015 4:38pm

To keep the files separate, you could create a temporary directory that matches the pdf file's name (without the extension), extract the contents to that directory, move each item back to the current directory with the new name, then remove the temporary directory. Example:

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 4:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics