External users getting the certificare error
When my external users go to my https://mail821.zapto.org/owa they get red error of certificate and asked for a "continue to this site or close this page", i want that they won't be asked to continue to OWA but get to the OWA directly(user name and password page). 10x.eternals81
December 14th, 2012 10:48am

It appears that the certificate that you installed for Exchange is not trusted by the computers that are accessing the site. You are using a private Cert? If so, you would have to have your users install the cert on their computers.IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 14th, 2012 11:19am

And if i did created the certificate in my Certificate authority that iv created in my exchange 2010 server? what then?eternals81
December 14th, 2012 11:38am

You can use your own Certificate authority, but by default, Windows clients are not going to trust that authority. In any case, when you get that pop-error, check to see what the actual problem is. It could be one of three reasons.. 1) certificate has expired (check the valid date info) 2) the URL that you are typing does not match the hostname in the certificate 3) you do not trust the certificate issuer.IT Knowledge Base | itgeared.com |
December 14th, 2012 2:42pm

1. no, it is valid. 2. no, it is match. 3. i don't know it. how can i know it?eternals81
December 15th, 2012 11:50am

This message is displayed if: The certificate is not trustedThe certificate expired or its revocation cannot be checkedThe certificate does not include the FQDN used to access the site using https (mail821.zapto.org in your case) I tried to access the URL and the error message appears because the CA used to issue the certificate is not a trusted one. As having a local CA involves having a management of the certificates trust, this can be done easily for domain-joined computers using group policies but this is not true for external users or computers in a workgroup. That is why the best choice would be to have a certificate issued from an external trusted and known CA. Like that, it will be valid for all users!This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
December 15th, 2012 5:09pm

Thank you. Can you help me please on email routing between external ORG and internal ORG? Or where i can post that question?eternals81
December 15th, 2012 5:17pm

Thank you. Can you help me please on email routing between external ORG and internal ORG? Or where i can post that question? eternals81 It would be better to ask it as a separate question to avoid the confusion with the current thread. Also, you will need to add more details to make the question more clear.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
December 15th, 2012 5:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics