External Access, Employee Portal, Replacment for UAG

Hello, I have been looking for a SSO Enterprise Employee Portal solution.  In the past I have used UAG, which seemed to work really good with windows devices, but android and IOS were lacking.  I would like to get a feel for what everyone else is doing today to fill this need?

I have looked at quite a few Hardware solutions and spoke with quite a few vendors, but they all seem to fall short with the SSO or they don't fully support our needs.  We looked at a few SSLVPN systems and that would get this done, until the user would want to click a link from their email, We also tried a few mobile VPN solutions.

Since 2012 r2 we have started to pinhole external/internal resources so they use the same Local and Public DNS with ReverseProxy IE: intranet.domain.com, email.domain.com, lyncstuff.domain.com.  Now when items are published to sharepoint they use the public url and this works in emails when they are outside, however the login requirement for each resource is where get the complaints.

What I am looking at doing is creating a SharePoint 2010 site: https://myportal.domain.com the user would Login before the page loads.  They would then get User based content/my page along with a Resource bar to the above type of links.  When the user clicks one of these links I would like it to Know who the user is and pass credentials at least for sites under the same domain.  Is anyone using a 3rd party SAML or password manager to provide this? Is there a Microsoft solution?    My other concern with that is also the same with certificate based auth, on mobile devices, BYOD.  A lot of our users Dont want a Pin/PW on their phone, or the concerns with Privacy/Safety of their data on their own device. Make them not comfortable with our MDM.  Not really my issue there.  I am not sure if ADFS would be applicable here or what should be used if that can provide SSO?

I gladly welcome any advice/documentation,  I havent really seen much out there that covers what I am looking for.

March 24th, 2015 3:12pm

In the coming days we're releasing TAC, the next evolution in security beyond UAG.  TAC is still a reverse proxy solution like UAG, but with many more features and security capabilities.  Most of what you could do in UAG can be accomplished in TAC, plus a great deal more.

Here are a few ways to find out more:

Sign up for one of our webinars:  www.portsys.com  (the link to sign up for the webinars is on the lower part of the home page)

Read the materials on the website

Or, schedule a time to have a conversation with one of our sales team.  For this, we would need to have your corporate details, as well as the phone number provided.

I would be happy to assist in getting the right resources to help you learn more about TAC. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2015 11:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics