Extention rule debugging not working

Hi,

I'm writing because I'm trying to change an extension rule in one of my MAs. To do some tests, I add some breaking points and some logging lines:

Logging.Log("*** LOG TEST ***");

In order to test my code, I went to the Debug menu and then to the Attach option. After selecting miiserver.exe, Visual Studio asks me to restart as an Admin user.

After the restart, I repeat the process above and the debug starts. I then go to FIM console and launch my MA, but nothing happens, I dont see any log lines and any of my breakpoints are reached.

I check the process window and the debugger seems to be attached, so I dont understand why my code or my breakpoints doesnt have any effect.

Does anyone already have this kind of issue? How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Marc

• Edited by Marc_27 19 hours 40 minutes ago
August 20th, 2015 7:44am

In order to debug, you need to run something.  A Full Sync Preview on one user, is how we usually do this.

Code will not run on debug mode without an action in FIM.

So, again, select a user in MV and do a Full Sync Preview.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 10:33am

Hi, thanks for the answer.

My rule is an export rule:

So what I do is run a full export in the MA, but nothing happens...

Does I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again,

Marc

• Edited by Marc_27 16 hours 43 minutes ago
August 20th, 2015 10:41am

No you will not see anything happening during the export. Export simply writes what is in the Connector Space to AD Itself.  Code is executed during a Synchronization Step. That is when the data is written to ConnectoSpace.  Once the data is in the connector space, it is ready to be written to AD. If is a final product.  Code prepares the data for AD.  So, run a full sync instead.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 11:02am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics