Exporting EventViewer Logs to External Server.
Dears, I've been asked to export my "syslogs" to External IP ... with some port ... I believe that "Syslogs" word means "EventViewer logs" in windows Environment. Could you please help me to achieve that ? BR,
March 10th, 2012 9:01am

I would ask for clarification. Syslog may be short for the Windows "System Log" but could just as well have to do with a syslog server, for example.Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2012 9:12am

Actually I'm asked to send anything "syslogs" or any event to the IP x.x.xx.x and the port UDP 514. I know I'm missing lots of information ..and I'll ask to give more info if needed ? but can I know what are the options in our hands ?
March 10th, 2012 12:26pm

Is the target server a Windows 2008 server by any chance? You could set up subscriptions so one server collects event viewer entries from other servers. But that assumes Windows servers working with Windows servers and, I believe, version 2008. (Not sure if that might have been added to 2K3 R2? I think not). I'm not sure about Windows-OtherOS options.Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2012 12:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics