Export to MS Word, header and footer cut off

I have a strange issue that I cannot track down. I have a SSRS report that has, in the past, exported to MS Word with no issues. Now when the report is exported to MS Word, the top half of the header is cut off and the entire footer is cut off after you view the MS Word document in print preview.

The strange part of the issue is I am able to duplicate it locally in Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.  The issue occurs on a share point report server.  But on another older share point report server, the very same report (just redeployed it) will export and print preview just fine in MS Word.

I am able to go into the "From Edge" setting in MS Word and change it to .2" to resolve the issue on the two versions that do not export correctly.  But I hate to make my users do that in the "new" share point version.

Has anyone ran into this?

Thank you,

T.J.

August 24th, 2015 4:22pm

Hi Bernard,

It was a bug buy there  are workarounds for it

Please check the below links

http://aveshdhakal.blogspot.in/2014/10/ssrs-report-header-and-footer-get-cut.html

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/614558/word-export-sets-margin-top-margin-bottom-to-0mm

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 11:00pm

Milan,

I just want to verify after reading the links you shared...

#1) This became an issue with SSRS 2008 R2.  Which is why the old report website with SSRS 2008 still exports correctly but the new one on SSRS 2008 R2 does not.  And Microsoft has still not fixed this issue.

#2) The only solution is to either roll back to SSRS 2008 or to create entire separate reports for MS Word exports with extra blank text boxes to get MS Word to adjust the headers/footers correctly.

Is this correct?

Thank you,

T.J.

August 25th, 2015 12:50pm

I just wanted to follow up. Is there really no fix for this other then placing a text box with white text in the header and footer?
August 26th, 2015 12:40pm

Yes . That's the only way to go forward :)
August 26th, 2015 1:11pm

Yes . That's the only way to go
August 26th, 2015 1:18pm

Hi Bernard,

Please raise this issue @ https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ . 

August 26th, 2015 1:28pm

I just wanted to add I am having even more serious issues when exporting to MS Word. When I go to print other reports it is cutting off the entire left 1" or so and the entire right 1". Then on a separate report it is printing landscape reports in portrait format.

They look fine in MS Word, but when I go to print them is when it blows up.

This is a disaster.  I think we are looking at the Aspose for Word tool to resolve the issue.

I would think that someone else has run into these serious issues with printing out MS Word documents that are exported from SSRS.  Anyone?

Thank you,

T.J.

August 28th, 2015 1:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics