Export & import config production to demo

I need to setup a FIM demo environment. There already is a demo environment but that is not maintained.

Is there a way I can export the production environment (both portal & sync server) to the demo environment?

Existing config of the demo environment can be wiped.

Thanks,

M.

July 6th, 2015 1:49am

Hello,

FIMSync Server Config can simple be exported through File Menu, which exports all MAs and Schema data.

But you need to have all Target System to have in your Demo Env.

Portal/Service configuration can be exported with PowerShell from the FIMAutomation module.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff394179.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

/Peter

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 6th, 2015 4:18am

Import & export of server configuration is kinda working. For exporting/importing Portal/Service configurations I was using MS scripts like ExportPolicy, ExportSchema, CommitChanges but that doesn't seem to work (at least not for me). I can do the exports, the sycn but when I want to commitchanges I get a lot of errors like:

Error = The web service client has encountered the following class of error: ManagementPolicyRule
Details: Failed Attributes: ObjectID
Additional Text Details: No policy grants the Requestor permission to complete all changes.

I saw you have some similar scripts to do this.

Thanks,

Mikey

July 6th, 2015 7:49pm

Hello,

yes on my blog I posted a modified version of the deployment scripts you mentioned above.

I've merged them to nearly one script and add some code to search and replace som data like domain names and so on. But beside that they do exactly the same.

Seems that you haven't sufficient permissions.

/Peter

July 7th, 2015 3:31am

Thanks Peter, so what account would be best to try run the imports? Would that be one of the FIM service accounts?

Mikey

July 7th, 2015 4:46am

The Account should be able to Login to Portal, and in the Administrator set.

/Peter

July 7th, 2015 4:47am

I think my account is (I can definitely get into the portal and make changes e.g. add mprs, attributes etc).

Mikey

July 7th, 2015 4:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics