Explorer Regular Folder as Compressed/ZIP icon
I have a very weird problem: Probably after a virus, my Windows Explorer is crazy! I have a local folder (inside a shared folder) that disappeared! The vanished folder is: c:\dados\arquivos\ COMPARTILHADA. It dont appear on WIndows Explorer, only in CMD, ussing DIR /A. The ArcServe Backup software does not backup any file inside, even using open files agent. The Shared Folder is c:\dados\arquivos and all remote users work everyday with no problem in security or access or performance Weird things about: 1) When i click the c:\dados\arquivos folder on WIndows Explorer the menu bar shows the "EMPTY RECYCLE BIN" button (it appears as if i cliek in a recycle bin, not a regular folder) 2) Right above this folder, exists a RECYCLE.BIN folder with a lof of RECYCLE.BIN<SID> folders and the classic recycle icon 3) The Arcserve shows the compressed/ZIP icon as it would be a compressed folder/ZIP file, not a regular folder 4) A Full CHDKDSK shows no problem 5) If i type hte full path of the folder, it appears a properties window (with a RESTORE button) and the address bar of the windows explorer shows a $recycle bin<SID> folder name 6) When i delete a file, the files appears inside the c:\dados\arquivos\ COMPARTILHADA folder!!!!!! C:\DADOS\ARQUIVOS>dir /ad Volume in drive C is DISCO Volume Serial Number is 3CE6-B7B6 Directory of C:\DADOS\ARQUIVOS 09/05/2012 14:57 <DIR> . 09/05/2012 14:57 <DIR> .. 10/05/2012 05:02 <DIR> COMPARTILHADA
May 10th, 2012 1:24pm

Hello, Whats your antivirus. I would recommend boot in Safe Mode and scan the computer. As its a productive server, make a full server backup before making any changes. Then, the right click menu problem is usually caused by bad Explorer shell extensions. Id suggest you using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the problem ShellExView (by Nir Sofer) is an excellent tool to view and manage all installed shell extensions. If available, it displays the description, as well as version details, company information, location, file name and more. You can optionally disable/enable any item, which can be very useful to disable an extension, that you don t need or that has been left behind in your right click menu from a previous software install. Download http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html Note: This is not a Microsoft product, this information is provided AS IS. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2012 10:08pm

Hello, Whats your antivirus. I would recommend boot in Safe Mode and scan the computer. As its a productive server, make a full server backup before making any changes. Then, the right click menu problem is usually caused by bad Explorer shell extensions. Id suggest you using ShellExView to determine the Context-menu causing the problem ShellExView (by Nir Sofer) is an excellent tool to view and manage all installed shell extensions. If available, it displays the description, as well as version details, company information, location, file name and more. You can optionally disable/enable any item, which can be very useful to disable an extension, that you don t need or that has been left behind in your right click menu from a previous software install. Download http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html Note: This is not a Microsoft product, this information is provided AS IS. Thanks Zhang
May 10th, 2012 10:08pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics