Explore network resources from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 through a VPN.
Hi, when I try to browse the network from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 I get the following error message: "No network provider accepted the given network path." Both servers are in two different locations connected via VPN. Both servers are in two seprate domains linked together via a two-way trust relationship type external. A level ICMP everything works properly and the routes are correct (from the same Windows 2003 server to another in the same remote location work fine). Rule out a DNS issue because it directly using the IP of the server. If I try the other way, from Windows 2008 to 2003, everything works fine. I tried to disable NetBios on TCP / IP, but nothing has changed. How can I fix this? Thanks.
November 2nd, 2010 6:17pm

Hi, what if access this windows server 2008 host form other hosts that in same subnet ? and from other hosts that in windows server 2003 host’s network ? Have you tried boot window server 2003 in Safe Mode with Networking and access again ,would this issue persist? Have you installed any antivirus software on both side hosts? Is there any Error events on both side that relate this issue ? If yes please post the Event ID and description here. I ‘d suggest perform “sfc /scannow” on windows server 2003 host and check if this issue still persist first. Meanwhile ,please capture the network traffic from windows server 2003 host by using network monitor when trying to hit the windows server 2008 host with \\<FQDNname> and \\<IPaddress> and please post the result here. Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=983b941d-06cb-4658-b7f6-3088333d062f Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2010 8:50am

Hi, I tried to run the "sfc / scannow" command as suggested but nothing has changed. I proceeded to download the tool Microsoft Network Scanner 3.4, how can I send teh capture files? Thanks. Marco
November 18th, 2010 7:04pm

Hi, I tried to run the "sfc / scannow" command as suggested but nothing has changed. I proceeded to download the tool Microsoft Network Scanner 3.4, how can I send teh capture files? Thanks. Marco
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 4:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics