Execute TSQL commands in Windows Azure - without local SSMS or Visual Studio.

I am pretty newbie to windows Azure database and I am trying to find how I would be able to execute TSQL commands directly on Azure database.

I understand that I can connect to Azure database server from SSMS and create tables and deploy them but what I am interested in knowing is  - how can I execute TSQL commands such as create table, select directly within the Azure database itself.

I remember doing it sometime back like 2 yrs ago but I cannot recollect how I got that.

I know there have been several improvements to azure since then and wonder, if this option has been taken away.

again, - my question - how can i execute TSQL commands directly on windows azure without using local SSMS or visual studio.

T

May 30th, 2015 5:40pm

Hi,

The functionality to manage SQL server from Azure Management Portal is yet not supported.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2015 5:55pm

Hi,

The functionality to manage SQL server from Azure Management Portal is yet not supported.

May 30th, 2015 6:04pm

Hi,

The functionality existed in the previous version of Azure SQL Database (v11), but does not yet exist for the newest version of Azure SQL Database (v12). Are you trying to access this functionality on v12 or the older versions?

May 30th, 2015 6:26pm

Hi,

The functionality existed in the previous version of Azure SQL Database (v11), but does not yet exist for the newest version of Azure SQL Database (v12). Are you trying to access this functionality on v12 or the older ver

May 30th, 2015 7:13pm

Clicking the Manage button in Azure Management portal launches the SQL Azure Management (SilverLight) Portal in a new tab in the browser. At this time, we do not plan to support this SilverLight-based SQL Azure Management Portal with V12 databases and servers.

We are working hard on an HTML-based T-SQL editor experience that will deeply integrate with the preview Azure Management Portal. Until then, we encourage customers to use Visual Studio Community 2013 which is a full-featured free version of Visual Studio 2013 to connect to Azure SQL databases for tasks such as running T-SQL, designing schema and for offline and online database development.

You can click the the Open in Visual Studio in the database page in the Azure Management portal to launch VS2013 on your computer and easily connect to your SQL Database.

In addition, you can also use SQL Server Management Studio 2014 with CU6 to connect to Azure SQL Database. More details are on this blog post.

June 2nd, 2015 6:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics