Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack - not reporting Operations Manager 2012

Hi,

We've installed the Exchange 2013 Management Pack into SCOM2012 but nothing seems to be reporting back. There nothing in Organization Status or Server Health.

The Agent is installed on the Exchange Server. There are Event ID's on the Exchange server of 20070; 21006 & 21016

The server itself is showing as Healthy under Agent Managed.

Is there any other configuration that needs to be done on either SCOM or the Exchange Server?

Thanks

Stephen

August 29th, 2013 12:20pm

Hi,

Import the Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn195914(v=exchg.150).aspx

"The SCOM agents on your Exchange Servers are configured to act as a proxy and discover managed objects on other computers"

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2013 12:38pm

I've tried all of that. Just wondering if it takes a while for the monitoring to update.

All settings are exactly how they are in that article.

I'll wait until the morning to see if anything updates. 

Does the Microsoft Exchange Health Manager service need to be running on the Exchange box?

August 29th, 2013 12:51pm

Hi Stephen,

No any special setting were done while implementing Exchange 2013 MP. Got "Active Directory Site" and "Database Availability" Types under Organization Status and all servers under Server Health in Microsoft Exchange server 2013 view in Monitoring, in healthy and unhealthy states. Servers' agents are configured to act as a proxy. Getting quite a few alerts. The Microsoft Exchange Health Manager Service is in running state on Exchange se

September 7th, 2013 3:56am

Hi Stephen,

Have you already found a way to discover your Exchange 2013 servers on SCOM?

I'm facing the same issue than you in a recently updated/installed environment: Fresh install of Exchange 2013 and SCOM 2012 R2.

Like you I already checked a buch of settings listed on Exchange installation guides but with no success. I'll let you know if I find a way to fix it.

Cheers,

Davi Cruz

February 4th, 2014 6:27pm

Hey!

whats happening when you are running get-healthreport on your Exchange servers? Are you getting status reports at all?

February 11th, 2014 10:41pm

Hi Stephen, 

Have you figured out how to get the management pack working on your environment?

While I was doing some maintenance on exchange, I've restarted the server and then restarted SCOM monitoring agent service and it worked.

I know that this isn't a fix but it's how to got it working...

Hope this help

April 12th, 2014 4:10pm

Hi Davi,

Yes we completely removed the management pack, re-installed it, gave the server a reboot and it started to work. Bizarre, but it's working now.

Cheers

Stephen

April 14th, 2014 8:09am

Hi, I was having the same issue so I just uninstalled and then installed the management pack from SCOM 2012 and immediately the Exchange Servers appered in the Server Health view.

Very strange behaviour for this MP.

Raffaele

May 9th, 2014 6:19am

Had the same issue and strangely uninstalling and reinstalling has fixed it. Agree with the others this is very strange on how its acting up.
August 4th, 2014 3:57pm

Hi

I was facing the same issue. the following three steps resolved the issue for me.

1. Restart Microsoft Monitoring Service on all exchange servers

2. Uninstall and install exchange management packs

3. Enable agent proxy on all exchange servers( this is necessary if you want to detect DAG)

Regards.

August 5th, 2015 2:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics